So the union emphasized that they are asking us to boycott all activities at the Hilton. As I said to KH on fb today, why bother going at all, then, if you want to honor the boycott? You can be in a program that won’t list the actual location of your panel, pay dues to an organization that doesn’t try to avoid these conflicts, but you can’t go to the book exhibit, any of the events at the Hilton, etc. I could present my paper to my fellow panelists online or in Eugene, so what’s the point?
- Unconscionable: Former Oregon basketball player Kavell Bigby-Williams is under investigation for sexual assault dailyemerald.com/2017/06/21/ore… 2 days ago
- RT @womensmarch: Our hearts break for the family of the 17-year-old Muslim girl beaten to death after leaving mosque in VA last night https… 1 week ago
- The case for eliminating fraternities: wbur.org/hereandnow/201… 1 week ago
- RT @RepBarbaraLee: #PhilandoCastile was shot in cold blood. The world watched it LIVE. What will it take for the justice system to value Bl… 1 week ago
- After a year of violence and hate, students need transparency to feel safe dbknews.com/2017/06/13/ut-… 2 weeks ago