So the union emphasized that they are asking us to boycott all activities at the Hilton. As I said to KH on fb today, why bother going at all, then, if you want to honor the boycott? You can be in a program that won’t list the actual location of your panel, pay dues to an organization that doesn’t try to avoid these conflicts, but you can’t go to the book exhibit, any of the events at the Hilton, etc. I could present my paper to my fellow panelists online or in Eugene, so what’s the point?
- Help girls become the scientists of tomorrow! Give to the SPICE Scholarship Fund duckfunder.uoregon.edu/project/6299?u… 5 days ago
- CFP Ada, 14, Radical Feminist Storytelling & Speculative Fiction: Creating new worlds by re-imagining hacking fembotcollective.org/blog/2017/04/2… 1 week ago
- RT @Everytown: The majority of mass shootings are related to domestic or family violence. We can't allow violent domestic abusers access t… 1 week ago
- RT @AC360: .@MaxineWaters on O'Reilly: "There's something wrong with him psychologically. ... I hope he seeks some help." https://t.co/zDEy… 1 week ago
- RT @CecileRichards: Fantastic news from Missouri! twitter.com/PPMO_Advocates… 1 week ago