So the union emphasized that they are asking us to boycott all activities at the Hilton. As I said to KH on fb today, why bother going at all, then, if you want to honor the boycott? You can be in a program that won’t list the actual location of your panel, pay dues to an organization that doesn’t try to avoid these conflicts, but you can’t go to the book exhibit, any of the events at the Hilton, etc. I could present my paper to my fellow panelists online or in Eugene, so what’s the point?
- RT @devjpow: @alicetiara I know. Shameful. Thank you @castabile for tellling it. Sadly I know of a few other departments that are on this s… 7 hours ago
- RT @aswinp: Worth re-posting. A stunning and deeply saddening acct. of sexual harassment in academia. @castabile, thank you for writing thi… 7 hours ago
- RT @queermigrations: How will @PittTweet respond to this excellent piece on #sexualharassment by @castabile? A rampant problem in the notor… 8 hours ago
- RT @DrLisaCorrigan: @PoetasterC137 @castabile There *are* departments that aren't pathologically violent and sexist. But many in that progr… 8 hours ago
- RT @PoetasterC137: @DrLisaCorrigan @castabile It is incredibly demoralizing to feel there is little or nothing to be done. 8 hours ago