Sooo, this week we’re running workshops with women faculty members at the assistant and associate levels. Still not sure how it’s going to go . . . but I think it has possibilities! A mix of writing workshops (with skyped in peer editors expert in individual faculty members’ areas of expertise) and resources/advice (post-tenure research agendas, self-promotion, etc.). Exhausting four days; perhaps unreproducible. If anyone reads this and wants a copy of the schedule, lemme know.
- RT @devjpow: @alicetiara I know. Shameful. Thank you @castabile for tellling it. Sadly I know of a few other departments that are on this s… 7 hours ago
- RT @aswinp: Worth re-posting. A stunning and deeply saddening acct. of sexual harassment in academia. @castabile, thank you for writing thi… 7 hours ago
- RT @queermigrations: How will @PittTweet respond to this excellent piece on #sexualharassment by @castabile? A rampant problem in the notor… 8 hours ago
- RT @DrLisaCorrigan: @PoetasterC137 @castabile There *are* departments that aren't pathologically violent and sexist. But many in that progr… 8 hours ago
- RT @PoetasterC137: @DrLisaCorrigan @castabile It is incredibly demoralizing to feel there is little or nothing to be done. 8 hours ago